- This easy 5-ingredient melon sherbet is a great way to transform fresh cantaloupe into a low-sugar frozen dessert.
- Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||93|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||0.0%|
|Fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||5.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||18.9g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||50mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled and finely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1/3 cup “measures-like-sugar” calorie-free sweetener
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (8-ounce) carton vanilla fat-free yogurt sweetened with aspartame
- Cantaloupe wedge (optional)
Combine cantaloupe, sweetener, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 4 minutes. Add to cantaloupe mixture, stirring well. Add yogurt, stirring until smooth.
Pour mixture into an 8-inch square pan; freeze until almost firm.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Spoon mixture back into pan; freeze until firm.
Scoop into 5 individual serving dishes to serve. Garnish each serving with a cantaloupe wedge, if desired (cantaloupe wedge not included in analysis).