- Brownies get an ooey-gooey makeover with the addition of a cream cheese topping. Calorie-free sweetener makes this a tasty, lower-sugar alternative to the traditional brownie, but just as fudgy as your go-to favorite dessert
- Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 square)
|Calories per serving:||127|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||0.0%|
|Fat per serving:||6.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||25mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||107mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup “measures-like-sugar” calorie-free sweetener
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
Preheat oven to 350°.
Beat sugar and margarine with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour and cocoa, beating well. Pour into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
Beat cream cheese and sweetener with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Add milk; beat well. Pour cream cheese mixture over chocolate mixture; swirl together using the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Tip: Don’t use reduced-calorie or fat-free tub margarine in this recipe because those products contain water, which will make the brownies gummy.