Yield: 2-4 servings
This Grilled Pineapple, Chicken and Avocado Salad celebrates the best of summer!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into 1-inch thick rings
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced (I prefer California avocados)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- quarter of a red onion, thinly sliced
- honey garlic vinaigrette
Honey Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and black pepper
To Make The Salad:
Brush the chicken on both sides with olive oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high, or heat a grill pan over med-high heat. Place pineapple slices and chicken breasts on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through, and no longer pink on the inside. Remove pineapple and chicken and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Then slice chicken into strips, and cut pineapple into chunks.
In a large bowl, toss together spinach, blueberries, feta, red onion, pineapple and chicken until combined. Drizzle or toss with salad dressing, and serve immediately
To Make The Vinaigrette:
Whisk all ingredients together until blended. Let sit for at least 10 minutes for flavors to meld. Whisk again until blended, then drizzle over salad.