- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/8 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/8 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3-pound) salmon fillet
1. Combine cream, buttermilk, and vinegar in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for 8 hours. Stir in dill, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 teaspoon pepper, horseradish, and next 4 ingredients (through oil) in a small bowl. Spread horseradish mixture evenly over salmon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 450°.
4. Place fish, skin side down, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 13 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Preheat broiler to high.
6. Broil fish 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Cut fish into 8 equal portions; top fish with dill sauce.
- Calories 357
- Fat 20.5 g
- Satfat 4.4 g
- Monofat 8.9 g
- Polyfat 5.5 g
- Protein 39 g
- Carbohydrate 2 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Cholesterol 118 mg
- Iron 2 mg
- Sodium 456 mg
- Calcium 37 mg