Zucchini Noodle Chicken Soup
Yield:2 to 3 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 large carrot, peeled and spiralized
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the broth, thyme, oregano and parsley. Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce it to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and carrot noodles. Cook for about 5 minutes then add the zucchini noodles and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes until all of the noodles have softened. Serve immediately.